Here's my recipe for Pasta with Capsicum, Baby Corn and Mushroom, served with Chicken in a Tomato-Almond paste.
For the paste:
2 tomatoes, 1/2 bowl almonds (soaked in warm water for 1 hour), 2 tspn. fennel seeds (mouri).
For the chicken:
1 tspn ginger-garlic paste, 1 finely chopped onion, 500 gms. chicken, 2 tbspn. red wine, salt and pepper to taste.
For the pasta:
1 capsicum, 200 gms. mushrooms, baby corn (sliced down the middle and cut diagonally), a bit of red chilli powder, required quantity of fusilli pasta, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cheese spread (or grated cheese).
How To Make It:
1. Cut tomatoes into quarters, saute with a little butter. Add fennel seeds, cook till tomatoes become mushy. Grind the tomato-fennel seed mush with the softened almonds, till you get a thick paste.
2. Set the pasta on boil with a little salt.
3. Fry onion and ginger-garlic paste, add salt, pepper, and the tomato-almond paste, then stir. Add chicken and 2 teaspoons of red wine, and let it simmer on low flame.
4. Saute the mushrooms, baby corn, and capsicum with a pinch of salt.
5. Once the pasta's boiled, drain it, and add to the vegetables. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and a little red chilli powder. Stir well.
6. When the pasta's cooked, put it into a flat serving bowl, drizzle some cheese spread (or add the grated cheese) on it, and bake at 120 degrees for 20 minutes, till the cheese is golden-brown and sizzling. Serve with chicken, and bread-rolls, if you'd like them.